Please note this article refers only to background checks for UK Taskers and New Registrants.
Why background checks?
Trust and safety is an essential part of the TaskRabbit platform. Many tasks take place in clients’ homes or businesses and background checks are important for maintaining trust and safety. We partner with a trusted third party, Onfido and are currently in the process of having all our UK Taskers complete their background checks.
Why is document certification needed?
As part of your TaskRabbit background check, you’ll need to provide proof of document certification for three (3) identity documents. Document certification is required by the law for your basic DBS check. More information about the basic DBS check can be found here.
How many documents need to be certified?
A total of three (3) documents are needed for your document certification. A full list of accepted documents are listed here.
Which documents are accepted?
A total of three (3) documents are needed for your document certification.
One (1) document must be from the list below.
- Passport (Any current and valid passport)
- Biometric Residence Permit
- Current Driving Licence Photocard (Full or Provisional)
- Birth Certificate
- Adoption Certificate
- EU National ID card
For the following documents, photos of both the front and back are needed.
- National Identity Card
- Biometric Residence Card
For further instructions, please visit the Onfido help Centre guide by clicking here.
One (1) document must show proof of current address. The following documents are accepted.
- Mortgage statement (Issued within the last 12 months)
- Bank or building society statement (issued within the last 3 months)
- Credit card statement (issued within the last 3 months)
- Council Tax statement (issued within the last 3 months)
- Utility bill (issued within the last 3 months)
- The last document can be any of the options listed here.
This Onfido Help Centre guide explains which documents are accepted. Please click here to visit.
How can I have my documents certified?
There are two options for obtaining document certification for your TaskRabbit background check.
- You can make an in-person appointment with a local TaskRabbit Community Ambassador. Please note we currently offer this service in London only. Please click here to make an appointment.
- Alternatively, you can use your nearest post office document certification service and follow these steps. If you follow this step, please have your documents certified before completing the Onfido form.
When uploading these documents, please follow Onfido’s guidelines which can be found here.
Should I scan or take photos of my documents to upload?
Nice, clear photos of documents are preferred over scans of documents.
For further information on how to upload documents, please visit the Onfido Help Centre guide by clicking here.