Sometimes, you might need to edit the items you’ve selected for your IKEA Assembly task. Adding or removing items for assembly can easily be done on the website, but only you as the purchaser are able to do so. We recommend doing this before your Tasker arrives.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to taskrabbit.ca/ikea and sign into your account.
- From top right side of the task description page, click the circle menu icon with the three dots.
- From the dropdown, click “Add/Remove Items.”
- On the next page, browse all items to add or remove from the task as needed. Note that prices may change!
- Add or remove items by selecting the item, then clicking the “+” or “-” buttons in the “Your Items” box.
- Click “Update Items” to save the cart and update the task.
Note that you can’t add or remove items after you’re invoiced for the task, so it’s best to make changes before or during the task. Adding or removing items can only be done on the web—this service isn’t yet available in the app.
To ensure Taskers are fairly compensated for their time, we encourage them not to assemble items that aren’t included in the item list. If you need help with additional assembly or other tasks, you can easily hire them again, or in another category!