TaskRabbit, Inc. Tasker Referral Programme Terms and Conditions
TaskRabbit, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“we”, “TaskRabbit” or “Company”), may at times offer you the opportunity to refer friends via a referral programme (“Programme”) offered on its mobile application or the web site located at https://www.taskrabbit.com/ (US), https://www.taskrabbit.co.uk (UK), or https://www.taskrabbit.ca (Canada) (the “Platform”).
- Binding Agreement. By using the Platform or participating in the Programme, you are bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and indicate your agreement to them. All of the Company's decisions are final and binding. These Terms are incorporated in, part of and subject to the Company’s Terms of Service available https://www.taskrabbit.com/terms in the US, https://www.taskrabbit.co.uk/terms in the UK, and https://www.taskrabbit.ca/terms. (Capitalized terms not otherwise defined shall have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service.)
- Eligibility. If you are under 21 years old (for U.S. based users) or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, then you may not use or access the TaskRabbit Site. Children under 13 years old are prohibited from accessing the TaskRabbit Platform or otherwise providing any personal information to TaskRabbit.
- How the Programme Works. Using the Platform, you can follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends, family members or colleagues whom you personally know (“Friends”). Once an individual makes a referral to a friend who registers, completes, and invoices a task, he/she becomes a “Referrer” and must fill out this form within 30 days in order to receive the benefit or reward advertised on the Platform.
- Restrictions. Referrers cannot refer themselves or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts with the Company. No User may use the Programme to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene or outside the spirit and intent of the Programme. In addition, you may not (i) tamper with the Programme, (ii) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (iii) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Programme. This includes but is not limited to a general prohibition on posting of the referral codes on any website which offers the referral code to anyone other than Friends, i.e. individuals to whom you personally know. If we believe that a referral code associated with a User’s account was used in such a manner, we have the right to remove all credit associated with that account and remove the User from the TaskRabbit Platform. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAMME MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Rewards. By making a Valid Referral (defined below), you will receive a reward (a “Referral Reward”). In order to qualify as a “Valid Referral”, your Friend must register on the Platform and must complete and invoice a first-time task as a result of your referral. You can earn a maximum of £500 in rewards from Valid Referrals. These rewards may be redeemed in various forms in the Company's sole discretion. Restrictions apply. If the reward is in the form of a gift card, gift certificate or voucher, it may be subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. Rewards are subject to verification. The Company may delay a reward for the purposes of investigation. The Company may also refuse to verify and process any transaction for any reason. Please refer to the Terms of Service for additional billing and payment information.
- Liability. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, ECONOMIC, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE, SYSTEM FAILURE, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY TASKRABBIT, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES) ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE TASKRABBIT PLATFORM OR THE TASK SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. By participating in the Programme, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TaskRabbit and Affiliates, and their attorneys, insurers, independent contractors, providers, successors and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all Liabilities incurred in connection with (i) your use or inability to use the TaskRabbit Platform or perform Tasks, or (ii) your breach or violation of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any law, or the rights of any User or third party and (iv) any content submitted by you or using your account to the TaskRabbit Platform, including, but not limited to the extent such content may infringe on the intellectual rights of a third party or otherwise be illegal or unlawful. You also agree to indemnify the Indemnified Parties for any Liabilities resulting from your use of software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or any other action you take that imposes an unreasonable burden or loan on our infrastructure. TaskRabbit reserves the right, in its own sole discretion, to assume the exclusive defense and control at its own expense of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without the prior written consent of TaskRabbit. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAMME, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), SHALL BE £100.00.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE PROGRAMME AND THE TASKRABBIT PLATFORM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TASKRABBIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE TASKRABBIT PLATFORM OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THE TASKRABBIT PLATFORM AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR IN TORT FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE TASKRABBIT PLATFORM, (III) ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; AND (IV) EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
- Bulk Distribution (“Spam”). Each Referrer is the actual sender of the emails and must comply with applicable law. Referrals must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting any email address as part of the Programme, the Referrer represents that he/she has the appropriate permission and consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other use of the services described herein in a manner that is not promoted is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate removal from the Platform and further legal action. The Company has no obligation to monitor the Programme or any communications; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Programme. Referrers who do not comply with the law, including anti-spam laws, are obligated to indemnify the Company against any liabilities, costs and expenses it incurs as a results of such spam.
- Right to Cancel, Modify or Terminate. We reserve the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Programme at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to disqualify any User at any time from participation in the Programme if we have a good faith belief that he/she has violated any of these Terms.