Typically, demand is lower in January and February, but increases drastically in March. We expect the number of tasks posted to increase by nearly 30% from January to March!
- Top task categories so far this year have been Minor Home Repairs, Cleaning and Delivery. We expect these categories to continue to be popular in March.
- Direct Invitations (including Same Day invitations in select cities) continue to be most of the tasks posted. Over 70% of tasks in January and February were Direct Invitations. Update your schedule and toggle ON "Available to Respond" to take advantage of the demand!
Curious why Clients don’t always get their tasks completed?
The top two reasons are:
- No response from their Tasker within the 30 minute response window.
- Tasker schedule conflicts with posted tasks, resulting in cancellations or forfeits.
We've made some improvements to the Tasker app in January and February to help Taskers avoid these issues:
- Extra SMS right after receiving a task invitation. You can update your SMS preferences here.
- If you miss an invitation, the app will automatically turn off your "Available to Respond" toggle in order to help you maintain your response rate. Turn it back on when you’re ready!
Learn more here.
We sent a scheduling survey the the Tasker Community and over 650 of you responded! We'll use your suggestions to continue to make improvements in the future.
Why is Response Rate important?
Response Rate is the percentage of time you successfully respond to Direct Invitations within the 30 minute response window, AND times you chatted with your Client within 5 minutes of accepting an Available Tasks. Avoiding missed task invitations helps provide a great Client experience, increasing the value of TaskRabbit for everyone!
Here's how to keep your Response Rate up so you'll have access to the most tasks:
- Turn OFF “Available to Respond” if you can’t respond to invitations within 30 minutes between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. You may want to switch it off if you will lose service for an extended time, or if you won’t be near your phone.
- You can keep track of your Response Rate in the “Your Performance” section of the app. Shoot for at least an 85% Response Rate to stay at the top of your game. Priority access to tasks is given to Taskers who regularly respond within 30 minutes.
We look forward to a great February and March, and hope you found these updates useful for getting the most out of the platform.