This article aims to breakdown downloading the app and issues encountered during download. This article also offers troubleshooting techniques for push notifications issues in the Tasker App.
During your Info Session, you will be asked to download the Tasker app. Please note that you will not be able to access all of the functionality of the Tasker app until your registration is processed and your Tasker account becomes active.
Downloading and Reinstalling the App
The Tasker app is not available in the App Store or Google Play, so please use the links below.
Be sure to click the link directly from your mobile device.
iOS Tasker App: You need iOS 8.0 or later.
iOS9 and iOS10 software may pause the download process due to an "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" notification, and you will need to follow these steps:
Go to Settings --> General --> Device Management --> Tap on "TaskRabbit Inc" --> Tap on "Trust" button
Android Tasker App: You need Android v4.1 or later.
If you're having trouble downloading the Android app, note that the file can be found in your Downloads folder, which is located in the list of apps on your phone.
General Troubleshooting on Android and iOS:
If you encounter an issue with your Tasker app, doing a "reset" can often fix the problem.
Follow these steps to "reset" your Tasker app.
1. Fully log in and out of the Tasker app.
2. Restart your mobile device.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app from your phone if the logout option does not work.
If you're not receiving push notifications, the first thing you should do is check the notification settings in your device. The settings that control your push notifications are found within your mobile device, not in the Tasker app.
Follow the instructions below to ensure your push notification settings for your device are correctly set:
1. Open the settings app on your phone and click 'Notifications.'
Android push notification settings will differ by device. Please consult your the user manual for your device to make sure push notifications are set properly.
For iOS and Android
- You can test push notifications in your Tasker app by going to the "Support" tab of your Tasker app and selecting "Test Push Notifications".
- Check to make sure that your Available to Respond toggle is on and that your Availability is up to date.
- If you have an Available Task that says "Action Required", you will need to take action on it (either accept or decline) before you will receive more push notifications for Available Tasks.