Taskers have told us that they would like to be able to request cancellations for tasks that they’ve agreed with Clients can’t be completed. With the latest Tasker app update on January 31, you can now request a cancellation for a task from your Tasker app.
The first step in requesting a cancellation is to make sure that your Client is aware of the cancellation as soon as possible. If your Client has not yet been informed, Elite Taskers recommend immediately contacting your Client both through chat and with a phone call or voicemail.
Once you have done this, please tap “Request Cancellation” in your Tasker app.
The “Request Cancellation” button will pull up a form that looks like this:
Here, you can let us know what happened on this task, and why it needs to be cancelled. Feel free to provide as much detail as you think is appropriate here, as our Customer Support Team will review each request individually.
Once you tap “Submit Request”, you will receive a notification advising you that your request has been received by our Customer Support Team. This team will review and respond to all requests within 2-3 business days. You will receive an email once they have come to a resolution.
Requesting a cancellation will not automatically open up your availability for the time currently occupied by your task, so if you would like to receive task invitations for that time slot, please remember to update your availability as necessary.
Will I receive a cancellation fee payment from my Client?
Our Customer Support Team reviews each and every cancellation to determine if you qualify for a Cancellation Fee payment. The current guidelines are as follows:
- Tasker must have an initial chat with the Client before fully confirming the task.
- Task must be scheduled, with the time and date confirmed by both the Client and Tasker.
- The task cancellation must be fully initiated by the Client 12 hours or less before the scheduled start time. Tasks in which the Tasker cancelled, rescheduled, or showed up late to do not qualify for payment.
- Tasker must not invoice for the task in order to receive payment for the cancellation policy. Task must be manually cancelled by the Client or TaskRabbit HQ and will be reviewed by our team for qualifications under the cancellation policy.
- On the cancelled task, you must have no violations of the TaskRabbit Best Practices or Terms of Service.
Please keep in mind that tasks must be cancelled officially in our system within 14 days of the appointment date in order to be assessed by our team. When our team determines that a cancellation is eligible, you will receive a notification letting you know that the payment is processing.