The security of confidential information, such as payment information, is essential to the success of the platform. For this reason, we ask users to refrain from violating the spirit of payments in any form.
Violating the spirit of payments includes:
- Accepting a payment for hours worked outside of the platform
- Improperly invoicing hours (more or less hours than actually worked)
- Invoicing for hours worked as reimbursements
- Giving a Client your contact information (phone number, email address, or website) for the purpose of an off-platform payment
- Canceling a task that has been completed
- Any other action that circumvents the TaskRabbit payments system
Be aware that engaging in any of the above actions means that the task is no longer protected by our Happiness Pledge, thus making you personally liable for any damages or injuries arising from the task.
If you have information about fee avoidance, please contact our Customer Support Team so that we can act accordingly.