What are the best ways to prep for an IKEA task?
Taking advantage of the chat feature in the days leading up to your task can make sure you’re walking in with all the information you need. Here are some great questions to ask your Clients over chat so that you have everything you need to complete your IKEA tasks with confidence:
1. Will this task require mounting? If so, have you purchased the mounting hardware?*
*Remember, both assembly and mounting abilities are a prerequisite for the IKEA Assembly category. Many mounting tasks require mounting hardware that is sold separately at your local hardware store. It is up to your Client to purchase this before the task or to have you pick it up before the task and add it as an expense.
2. What’s the IKEA model name and article number of the pieces I’m assembling?
3. Have your items been delivered or are they on track to be delivered before the task starts? In the event that your IKEA delivery is delayed or cancelled, can you please notify me?
4. Can you check the inventory of each piece of furniture you purchased and send me confirmation that all parts have been shipped and are in good condition? If any part is missing and/or damaged please let me know immediately so I can try to assist in finding a replacement.
5. Have the boxes been moved to the room where I’ll be assembling the item, and has a big enough space been cleared for the assembly?*
*Moving and cleaning are not covered in the scope of work for IKEA assembly tasks. If you are willing to move boxes or clear out space for Clients, encourage them to hire you beforehand in the cleaning category!