Thank you for your interest in the IKEA Assembly category!
General Program FAQs:
How does the IKEA Assembly category work?
This category will allow IKEA customers to connect with Taskers to book assembly and mounting tasks directly through TaskRabbit.
When will the IKEA Assembly category be available in my area?
The category is now available in all IKEA stores and through ikea.co.uk
What is the difference between an IKEA Assembly task and a regular Furniture Assembly task on TaskRabbit?
There are a few key differences between the IKEA Assembly category and our general marketplace:
- An IKEA Assembly task is one where the Client has been referred to TaskRabbit via IKEA or has been directed through a booking experience specifically for IKEA Assembly or Mounting on our website.
- IKEA Tasks are offered at a set flat rate for Clients.
- Taskers who voluntarily opt into the IKEA Assembly category agree to accept a flat set rate and can opt out of the category at any time if they prefer to set their own rates and handle tasks posted by Clients outside of the IKEA Assembly category.
- Only Taskers who have opted into the IKEA Assembly category will be eligible to receive these tasks.
What is the hourly rate for IKEA tasks?
IKEA Assembly tasks have a flat set rate for IKEA customers. The IKEA Assembly category is offered at a reduced 10% service free, which means you receive 90% of what your Client pays!
For your convenience, every IKEA task has an estimated task duration, which has been crowdsourced from thousands of tasks performed by Taskers over the years. We provide an estimate only of the hours it will take for assembly and calculate out the hourly Tasker rate.
Assembly times may vary based on a number of factors, including a Tasker’s speed and familiarity with the item to be assembled or the Client’s directions.
How can I become part of the IKEA Assembly category?
To join the category, take the following steps:
- Visit the “My Business” section of your Tasker App
- Scroll down to “Skills & Rates” and click the “plus” sign to add a skill category.
- Select “IKEA Assembly.”
- Read the opt-in Additional Terms thoroughly.
- Confirm your agreement to accept those Additional Terms before adding it to your profile.
Once you have opted-in, we will invite Taskers to join the category on a rolling basis, dependent on demand and needs of the local store. You will receive an email at that time with next steps if we are able to move forward.
Why would I need to fix items to the wall?
Clients who book assembly tasks through the IKEA Assembly category have agreed to direct you to follow the IKEA assembly instructions and secure the IKEA product to the wall if indicated.
For the safety of Clients, their families, and yourself, you agree by participating in the IKEA Assembly category to follow IKEA assembly instructions for each IKEA product, including securing furniture to a wall whenever instructed by the IKEA directions. Specific wall location and all other such issues should be directed by your Client.