Last updated 10/04/22
The health and safety of the Taskrabbit community are our highest priority. We are partnering with our community around the Coronavirus (Covid-19) by continuing to share updates relevant to our platform and policies, as well as some best practices for staying safe while using the platform.
Taskrabbit Health & Safety Standards
To use the Taskrabbit platform, we ask Taskers to commit to the following standards of safety while tasking when a Client has 1) communicated a personal preference for safety standards (i.e. masking) or 2) disclosed their exposure to Coronavirus (Covid-19):
- Opt for contactless tasks and keep at least 6 feet/2 meters physical distance from others at all times.
- Confirm with the other party that you have not recently experienced symptoms or had known exposure to someone with COVID-19. If you have, be sure to comply with local recommendations for quarantine timelines before accepting tasks via the platform.
- Wear a face covering during the task.
- Sanitize your hands and all high-touch surfaces and items before, during, and after the task.
- Stay up to date on and commit to following applicable local public health guidelines and regulations. You can search for your communities guidelines at the bottom of this CDC webpage.
What We’re Doing to Keep Our Community Safe
Waiving Cancellation Fees Due to Illness
In order to keep our community safe, we will continue to waive cancellation fees for all clients who cancel a task within 24 hours of the scheduled start time due to illness. To make a change to your tasks, visit the My Tasks section of the Taskrabbit website.
If you’re a Tasker who isn’t able to complete a scheduled task because of illness, there will be no impact to your business analytics. This includes declining a project if you believe that your client is ill or that completing the task would compromise your health.
A contactless task is one that maintains social distancing of at least 6 feet/2 meters from another person.
Not all tasks are able to be contactless, but we ask that Taskrabbit users commit to a contactless task experience whenever possible.
- a delivery task client can decide on a safe place to drop-off the items outside the front door.
- For an IKEA Assembly, clients can ensure the furniture pieces are in the correct place ahead of time. A Tasker can then go directly to the task space and assemble without direct contact with their client.
Users can discuss instructions for contactless tasks ahead of time both in the booking details and in the task chat.
Taskers: See here for additional guidance on social distancing while tasking!
Clients may also request that a task be done virtually via chat, in any category. For example, if a client would like to consult with a Tasker about data entry or assembling a piece of furniture, she/he could book a personal assistant or furniture assembly task, and a Tasker can consult with the client virtually.
Taskers: See here for additional guidance.
Free Volunteer Help through Tasks for Good
Tasks for Good connects individuals and organizations in need with local Taskers who donate their time and skills to support their communities. To learn more about the program, including eligibility and availability in your city, visit here.
General Marketplace Service Modifications
We are committed to keeping our platform open for our users while asking users to comply with all local, state and federal guidelines relevant to Covid-19. More information on these guidelines can be found at the CDC website, here.
IKEA Assembly Service Modifications
We will advise on a region-by-region basis in the event any modifications are required to the IKEA Assembly service.
Clients can make changes to bookings via My Tasks on Taskrabbit.com or the Taskrabbit app. Clients should work with their Tasker to ensure compliance with the guidelines of local authorities.
Guidance for the Taskrabbit Community
What to Do If You’re Experiencing Symptoms
If you’re a client experiencing any symptoms of illness, including:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or any two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking due to chills
- Muscle pains
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Please cancel your task. Clients will not be charged a cancellation fee, regardless of when you cancel.
If you’re a Tasker experiencing symptoms of illness, please cancel your tasks and take the time you need to fully recover before tasking. There will be no impact to your business metrics.
Responsible Information Sharing
If a client or a Tasker expresses a concern that a user may have COVID-19, we will contact that user and keep the reporting client or Tasker updated on the response we receive. We may temporarily pause the accounts of users who have been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19, consistent with public health quarantining guidelines.
For more information on how we use personal information generally, and how you can exercise your rights over your personal information, please see here.