As an independent contractor, local California laws require you to have a business license in the area(s) where you operate. We are offering a $100 cash perk to all active Taskers in the Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay area who submit a copy of their valid, current business license. We will pay out perks on a rolling basis and the perk will be paid out directly to your account.
Here’s how it works:
- Obtain a business license in the city/cities where you task. Visit the city’s website to familiarize yourself with the registration process. Registration costs and timelines vary city by city. We’ve provided some guidance on this process here:
- Providing a copy of your business license to TaskRabbit is easy—just email a copy to Certifications@taskrabbit.com. If we need additional information, we’ll reach back out to let you know!
- We only require that you submit one business license. Even if you submit multiple licenses, you are only eligible to receive this perk once.
- Submit your business license by the deadline of September 30th.
Please make sure your business license:
- Is the most recent, valid copy of your license.
- Includes both sides of all pages
- Is a clear, color copy
- Is in png, jpg, or PDF format
- Upon verification by our team, you will receive a $100 cash perk straight to your account.
Please note – TaskRabbit is unable to provide legal advice or answer specific questions about licensing or other requirements regarding your business. For the most up-to-date information on how to renew (or obtain) a business license, please contact the relevant city office or visit the associated website.