Our goal at TaskRabbit is to be a better neighbor, and to make life easier for those in our communities through our technology. We are committed to promoting an inclusive platform free of discrimination and harassment for our Users. Our shared commitment to these principles allows every User to feel safe and welcome on the TaskRabbit Platform regardless of who they are, the way they look, where they are from, how they self-identify, or who they love. We therefore prohibit discrimination and harassment by or directed at any TaskRabbit User based on race/ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws in jurisdictions in which TaskRabbit operates (collectively referred to as a “protected class”).
Examples of discrimination include, but are not limited to:
- Refusing to provide or accept services based on another User’s protected class;
- Imposing upon any User any different terms or conditions for work based on their protected class, except when providing reasonable accommodations to Users with disabilities;
- Posting any task or making any statement that improperly discourages or indicates a preference for or against any User based on their protected class;
- Refusing to communicate with Users through accessible means that are available, including relay operators (for people with hearing impairments) and e-mail (for people with vision impairments using screen readers);
- Any other conduct that discriminates against a User based on their protected class.
Examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Jokes, mocking, mimicking, epithets, slurs, offensive images or content, negative stereotyping and unwelcome remarks about an individual’s body, color, physical characteristics or appearance related to the User’s protected class;
- Unwanted and/or inappropriate physical touching, threatening or blocking another’s movement;
- Unwelcome sexual advances, suggestive behavior (which the harasser may perceive as harmless) and stalking.
TaskRabbit takes reports of discrimination and harassment very seriously. Any User who believes they have been discriminated against or harassed in violation of this policy should contact us here, so that we can promptly investigate. If we determine that a User has discriminated against or harassed another User in violation of this policy, the offending User will be subject to consequences, up to and including immediate deactivation and/or permanent loss of access to the TaskRabbit Platform.