Last updated: December 8th, 2023
The Taskrabbit Happiness Pledge (“Pledge”) is a part of TaskRabbit, Inc.’s (“Taskrabbit”) Global Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”). Capitalized terms used but not defined herein have the meanings set forth in the Terms of Service.
The Pledge is designed to ensure that Users have a positive and safe experience with the Taskrabbit Platform. Although Taskrabbit is not liable for the acts or omissions of Users, and does not provide insurance against losses sustained by Users, it has implemented this Pledge to enable it to work with Users to resolve certain issues that may arise during Tasks booked through the Taskrabbit Platform.
The Taskrabbit Happiness Pledge
Subject to the terms, exclusions and limitations set out in this Pledge, Taskrabbit may, in its sole discretion, offer up to Ten Thousand US Dollars ($10,000) in response to requests for compensation made by Users for damages or injuries arising from the performance of a Task (“Claim(s)”).
To be an eligible Claim under the Pledge:
- The Task giving rise to the Claim must have been booked and fully paid for through the Taskrabbit Platform;
The Claim must only be for:
- “Property Damage” - Physical damage to, or loss of, tangible property belonging to a Client due to the negligence of a Tasker;
- “Bodily Injury” - Physical injury sustained by a User due to negligence by another User; and/or,
- “Theft” - Intentional theft of a Client’s tangible personal property by a Tasker during the performance of a Task;
- The Claim must not be for an Excluded Loss (defined below);
The User submitting the Claim must:
- Not have violated the Terms of Service, including any policies or supplemental terms incorporated therein, or have outstanding or pending balances on their account (including credit card chargebacks);
- Not have previously submitted a Claim related to the same Task;
- Where reasonably feasible, attempt to resolve the issue with the User(s) involved; and,
- First seek compensation under any potentially applicable Personal Insurance (defined below);
- And, the Claim must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the performance of the Task giving rise to the Claim in accordance with the procedure outlined below.
The Pledge does not provide compensation for Claims arising or resulting from, or in any way related to, any of the following (the “Excluded Loss(es)”):
- Flooding or water damage;
- The operation of motor vehicles, bicycles, aircraft or watercraft;
- Murphy beds or other wall-mounted beds, pull-down beds, or fold-down beds;
- Intellectual property;
- Electronic data;
- Cash or other currency;
- Fine art, antiques, jewelry and similar property of rare or historical value;
- Sentimental value;
- Property Damage: (i) to a common area; (ii) exceeding the original or replacement value (whichever is the lesser), less any standard depreciation; and/or, (iii) beyond the specific damaged area (e.g., if the Task caused a scratch to a floor, the Pledge will address repairs to the scratched area only);
- Theft without a valid police report;
- Cancellation by a User;
- Phishing scams and/or account takeovers;
- Hazardous or harmful materials, pollution, disease, bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, microorganisms or any other substance whose presence threats human health;
- Displacement costs, including hotel and other accommodations;
- Interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income and/or loss of use, unemployment compensation, or any other indirect, consequential or special damages;
- Normal parts or natural results of the Task undertaken;
- Items or tools supplied by a Client, or losses resulting from a Client’s lack of supervision, recommendations or instructions (e.g., if a Client declines manufacturer recommendations or directs a Tasker in a manner that results in damages); and/or,
- User losses arising from acts of Client’s Agents.
In addition to the foregoing, the Pledge excludes Claims that are covered by a User’s insurance, if any, including but not limited to renter’s insurance, homeowner’s insurance, medical insurance, or an umbrella policy (“Personal Insurance”). In order to be an eligible Claim under the Pledge, Users who carry Personal Insurance must first seek compensation from their Personal Insurance prior to making a Claim. The Pledge will only compensate for Claims to the extent they are not otherwise covered by a User’s Personal Insurance.
How to Submit a Claim
To submit a Claim, complete the Taskrabbit Resolutions Request Form within thirty (30) days of the performance of the Task giving rise to the Claim.
Once your Taskrabbit Resolutions Request Form is submitted, you will receive an email from Taskrabbit confirming its receipt. While we review your Claim, you agree to (i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a Claim from further damage; (ii) assist or allow Taskrabbit or its agents access to make copies, photographs and recordings of anything relating to the Claim; (iii) allow Taskrabbit or its insurers access to inspect anything relating to the Claim; (iv) assist in, and cooperate fully with, any actions taken by Taskrabbit or its agents to subrogate a Claim; (v) accept repairs by a Tasker first; and (vi) submit sufficient documentation and all other materials requested by Taskrabbit by the dates outlined by the Taskrabbit Support or Resolutions Teams.
If any part of a Claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment under the Pledge, the User agrees to:
- Release and hold harmless Taskrabbit and Affiliates from any further liability or obligations with respect to the facts and circumstances of the matters set forth in the Claim;
- Treat as confidential the resolution of your Claim, as well as any associated Resolutions Agreement;
- Refund to Taskrabbit any amounts that Taskrabbit determines to have been erroneously paid to you with respect to an approved Claim; and
- Execute and deliver to Taskrabbit the “Taskrabbit Resolutions Agreement” upon Taskrabbit’s request.
Users may not assign or transfer the terms of the Pledge. The terms of this Pledge are not intended to and shall not be construed to give any person or entity other than a User of the Taskrabbit Platform any interest or rights (including, without limitation, any third party beneficiary rights) with respect to or in connection with any agreement or provision contained herein or contemplated hereby.
The Pledge shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
No person, entity or agent, including any User or any Taskrabbit employee, may alter the terms of this Pledge. Taskrabbit reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to eliminate the Pledge altogether or change, modify or delete any of the terms of this Pledge at any time, effective with or without prior notice and without any liability to Taskrabbit.