How do ratings and reviews work?
TaskRabbit is committed to creating and maintaining a technology platform that works for both Taskers and their Clients. Clients and Taskers report that User generated constructive feedback instills trust and improves the quality of the platform. Both Taskers and Clients are therefore encouraged to leave honest and constructive feedback. If either a Client or a Tasker provides a negative review (thumbs down or 3 stars or below), they will not be paired for tasks again. The TaskRabbit Policies Team reserves the right to remove reviews if they violate our Terms of Service or the guidelines set forth below.
Users have reported concern after being contacted by another User following a negative review. To encourage candid feedback and trust and safety in the platform, we ask that Users not contact each other following a negative review. If a User contacts you after leaving them a review, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team.
As a Client, how do I leave a review?
TaskRabbit does not direct, monitor or review the performance of tasks, so other Users value candid feedback to help provide the best possible experience on the platform.
For 30 days after a task is invoiced, you will be prompted to leave a review of the service the Tasker provides in the TaskRabbit app or your online dashboard.
You can also leave a review for your Tasker by clicking on the “Don’t forget to review your Tasker” option found in the “Receipt & Review” email.
Starting April 17, 2017: You will be able to leave reviews for tasks that are canceled as well as tasks that are invoiced.
When leaving a review, you will be prompted to rate your experience with your Tasker on a scale of 1 to 5 stars.
1-3 stars is considered a “negative” rating, and 4-5 stars is a “positive” rating. At the bottom of the screen, you will also have the opportunity leave a public review for your Tasker.
- Be honest, factual and focus on the performance of the task as opposed to commenting on the character of another User.
- Do not post inappropriate content (including but not limited to profanity, personal insults, slurs, threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech or bigotry), forfeit a payment / accept a reduced payment in exchange for a positive review or post anything else that is in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Post about the performance of the task itself and not your happiness or lack thereof with the platform (any comments about the platform itself should be sent to TaskRabbit's Customer Support Team).
- Post in a timely manner (within 30 days of task completion) and only things that are relevant to how the task was performed.
- Review a task only once.
- Please don’t violate other User’s privacy by posting personal information about a User.
Ownership of User Generated Content
By making available any content on or through the platform, or through TaskRabbit promotional campaigns, you are granting TaskRabbit a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (or for the term of the protection), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such content on, through, by means of or to promote or market the platform. TaskRabbit does not claim any ownership rights in any such content and nothing in our Terms of Service will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such content.