Stripe, our third-party payments processor, legally requires its users to provide additional identity verification in certain circumstances. These circumstances can include:
- Meeting a specific earnings threshold called KYC (Know Your Customer) verification.
- A yearly verification that’s required in certain countries during tax season. This verification is needed so Stripe can prepare tax reporting documents for the federal government.
- Updates to Stripe's KYC (Know Your Customer) requirements that require account information to be re-verified.
You’ll know if you need to complete verification when you receive an email from us.
If you receive this email:
- Do not reply to the email with the requested information. Instead, make sure you submit your information on the Taskrabbit website in the Tax Info section linked below.
- Log into your Taskrabbit account
- Go to the Business Information section of your account to provide the requested information and complete your identity verification.
- You can also access this section by clicking “Account” and then “Business Information” from the Taskrabbit website.
The information you’ll need to provide includes:
- Your first and last name as it appears on your ID
- Date of Birth (Day, Month and Year)
- Last 4 of SSN (if USA based)
Front and Rear Scan of Government Issued ID
- Drivers License
- State ID Card
- Passport/Passport Card
- Accepted IDs are:
- Resident Permit/Green Card/North Carolina Resident ID
- Border Crossing Card
- NYC Card
- US Visa Card
When providing a copy of your ID, make sure the ID is valid (not expired) and the image is clear, in color, shows all 4 corners of the ID, and is uploaded in a JPEG or PNG file format.
If there are any image quality issues, your document may be rejected and you’ll need to wait 48 hours before you can re-submit your document(s).
Keep in mind—If you don’t complete this identity verification, your payments may be paused until you’ve provided the requested information.