Stripe, our third-party payments processor, legally requires its users to provide additional identity verification in certain circumstances. These circumstances can include:
- Meeting a specific earnings threshold called KYC (Know Your Customer) verification.
- A yearly verification that’s required in certain countries during tax season. This verification is needed so Stripe can prepare tax reporting documents for the federal government.
You’ll know if you need to complete verification when you receive an email from us.
If you receive this email:
- Do not reply to the email with the requested information. Instead, make sure you submit your information on the Taskrabbit website in the Tax Info section linked below.
- Log into your Taskrabbit account
- Go to the Business Information section of your account to provide the requested information and complete your identity verification.
- You can also access this section by clicking “Account” and then “Business Information” from the Taskrabbit website.
The information you’ll need to provide includes:
- Your first and last name as it appears on your ID
- Date of Birth (Day, Month and Year)
- Last 4 of SSN (if USA based)
- Front and Rear Scan of Government Issued ID
- Drivers License
- State ID Card
- Passport/Passport Card
- Accepted IDs are:
- Resident Permit/Green Card/North Carolina Resident ID
- Border Crossing Card
- NYC Card
- US Visa Card
When providing a copy of your ID, make sure the ID is valid (not expired) and the image is clear, in color, shows all 4 corners of the ID, and is uploaded in a JPEG or PNG file format.
If there are any image quality issues, your document may be rejected and you’ll need to wait 48 hours before you can re-submit your document(s).
Keep in mind—If you don’t complete this identity verification, your payments may be paused until you’ve provided the requested information.