Notice to Ontario Clients Hiring Taskers for Electrical Help

Electrical work is risky, and some work requires your Tasker to have an electrical contractor license.  The best way to keep your family and home safe is to hire a Tasker who is a Licensed Electrical Contractor for the job who will file a notification of work, if and where required, with the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA).  ESA will then issue a Certificate of Acceptance to the Tasker as the person who filed the notification once the electrical work has been reviewed and passed, and you should consider asking your Tasker for a copy of the Certificate for your files; it’s an important document for insurance purposes, resale, and peace of mind.  You can also call 1-877-ESA-SAFE (372-7233) to request a copy.  Visit for more information. 

Was this article helpful?

11 out of 12 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request