At Taskrabbit, we strive to provide a reliable and efficient platform connecting clients with skilled Taskers. To ensure the fair treatment of Taskers and maintain a high level of service quality, we have the following cancellation policy:
Clients may cancel a task at any time. However, clients will be subject to a cancellation fee if either of the following are applicable:
- The task was canceled by the client within 24 hours of the scheduled task time
- The client is unavailable or unresponsive at the time of the task, so the task cannot be completed.
The Tasker also cannot have invoiced the client for the task. The task cannot have been canceled more than 30 days ago.
Clients will not be charged a cancellation fee if:
- The cancellation was due to an IKEA delivery delay for an IKEA Assembly task,
- The cancellation was due to the wrong task address provided through IKEA, or
- The Tasker did not show up for the task.
The cancellation fee will be charged to the client's payment method associated with the task, and will be calculated as follows:
- The equivalent of 1 hour at the Tasker's hourly rate and Taskrabbit fees, which cover platform usage. For tasks booked through IKEA, the client Minimum Rate.
By agreeing to use our platform and booking a Tasker, clients acknowledge their understanding and acceptance of this cancellation policy. It is the responsibility of the client to respond to their Tasker or Taskrabbit Support, and ensure their availability for the scheduled task.
For client cancellations meeting the criteria above, Taskers affected by these cancellations will be eligible to receive the equivalent of 1 hour of compensation at their hourly rate, in accordance with our company values, with one exception: Taskers with violations of the Taskrabbit Terms of Service in the past 90 days may be ineligible to receive compensation.
If a client refuses to pay the cancellation fee, their account may be suspended or deactivated, and they may be held responsible for any additional costs incurred by Taskrabbit or the Tasker due to the cancellation.
Taskrabbit reserves the right to modify or update this policy at any time.
Date of Policy: Feb 16, 2024
Effective Date: Feb 21, 2024